Have Fun With Homemade Play-Dough!
Play-dough is a favorite amongst children! It encourages them to explore their imagination while developing fine motor and language skills. It can also be therapeutic, and a great option for quiet play. PlanToys is sharing a recipe for homemade play-dough as well as activities to stretch the fun!
Let's Get Started!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Salt
- 1 Cup Boiled Water
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Heat Safe Mixing Bowl
- Heat Safe Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cup & Spoons
- Hot Plate or Stove
Note: This process involves boiled water and heat.
These steps should only be performed by adults.
- Combine salt and flour into mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using caution, add boiled water.
- Combine lime juice and vegetable oil.
- Stir on medium heat until dough thickens. Add more flour if needed.
- Sprinkle flour on a non-stick surface and transport dough.
- Wait for the dough to cool before kneading.
- Once cooled, knead the dough until the flour is combined.
Caring For Play-Dough:
- Homemade dough can keep for up to 3 months.
- Store it in a zip-lock bag, or in an airtight container.
- Store in fridge or at room temperature.
- If dough begins to dry out, reactivate it by adding water, or store with a damp paper towel overnight.
PlanToys Wooden Letters:
PlanToys Wooden Shapes:
Have fun & tag us to share your creations! #PlanToysActivities
Shop the story