How To Make Chalk Prints
Did you know that there are multiple ways you can experiment with chalk? One way is to make chalk paper prints that can be used for drawing or collaging. This is also a great way to use those smaller pieces of sidewalk chalk that may be hiding at the bottom of the bucket. Follow along as we share instructions for creating chalk prints. It's fun and messy, (in the best possible way!)
What you'll need:
- Chalk, (sidewalk chalk works best)
- Paper, (thicker weight paper works best)
- Popsicle Stick
- Paint & Paint Brushes, (optional)
- Smaller amounts of chalk flakes will result in lighter-toned prints.
- If you lay the paper on any areas of water that are not covered by chalk, those areas will be blank on the paper.
- Be sure to lift your print up quickly, otherwise the color will dissolve in the water.
- Replace the water in your tray frequently to avoid muddy prints.
Have fun & tag us to share your creations! #PlanToysActivities
Want to continue the fun with chalk? Below is a selection of PlanToys that are perfect for combining chalk with play!
- Celebration Train 12M+
- Delivery Bike 18M+
- Race N Play Parking Garage 3Yrs+
- Workbench 3Yrs+
- Wall Ball Game 3Yrs+
Shop the story
My kids had a lot of fun with this craft. They made so many fun pages full of color. Thanks for sharing this!